Help
cvsclient
2005-01-19
2013-04-25
  • cvsclient
    cvsclient
    2005-01-19

hi,

by dipping into the sourcode a little more, i now begin working on the :ext: protocol. however, so unfortunately am i, the ExecuteShellException comes up while the process to connect to the ssh server was started (in the ExtProtocol.HandleExtAuthentication method).

can somebody help to figure out this problem for you? how can i successfully connect to the cvsnt though the :ext: protocol.

to prove that the ssh server was configured correctly, i installed the tortoiseCVS and the ssh client of putty. the tortoiseCVS can connect to the ssh server via the putty successfully.

any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Gary,

• cvsclient
      cvsclient
      2005-01-19

hi,

now the ExecuteShellException went away. then a DOS command prompts for the password. however, after i input the correct password, the application hangs.

can anybody here give me any suggestion on how to use the ext protocol? the sample snippet will be greatly appreciated.

Gary,

• Hi Gary, I don't have time to dig into this today (it is my wife's birthday) but I did a quick look this morning and was able to replicate.  It looks like it is exchanging information with the server and there is a hang after the co command is sent.  I will try to look into this a little more tomorrow.

• cvsclient
      cvsclient
      2005-01-20

thanks, Clayton.

happy birthday to your wife:)

gary,

• Hey Gary, I made some slight progress on this.  By adding a pause to the SubmitRequest/ HandleResponse loop on the CvsServerConnection I am able to authenticate and start checking out a repository using the ext protocol.  Oddly enough I am only able to checkout part of the repository until the application hangs again.  I am not sure if this is sourceforge "weirdness" or something else but will keep digging into it.

• cvsclient
        cvsclient
        2005-01-27

hi Clayton,

thanks for your reply.

i decided to give up working with this library. instead, i am now working on my own library. which directly invoke the cvs.exe process for each cvs command. then i just need to parse the StandardOutput & StandardError of the process.

anyway, thanks for your great contribution and help. i spent a couple of exciting days here...

Gary,

• Hey Gary, I am a little dissapoined that things were not in a state that you could use.  Thanks for the bug reports and fixes though, and I wish you luck.

Cheers,

Clayton

• cvsclient
            cvsclient
            2005-02-03

hi Clayton,

thanks for all your help you did on me.

good luck, too;)

Gary