Hey folks, a long time passed since Alpha2.
So we thought to please you with this new release, here we go:
We are pleased to announce the availability of Shaman 1.0 Alpha 3. This release is a transition release, and it will be the last one before entering the Beta cycle.
A lot of improvements, changes and new features have been added since Alpha 2. Main changes are:
* Shaman can now be used as normal user (flag it with the SUID bit if you're compiling it yourself)
* Shaman will use PAM to authenticate root if run as normal user.
* Shaman can use a Proxy Server now. Credits go mainly to Stiat for this.
* Shaman now handles logging correctly, and features a log viewer.
* Shaman is a lot faster in searching and in processing queue due to some optimization.
* Shaman now features a news reader, that also warns you if there is an unread news about a package you're about to process.
* Updated KDEMod repositories address with the new ones.
* Makepkg can no longer be run as root. Shaman has to be started as normal user to use the Building feature. This is for your safety :)
* Shaman Parser is more efficient now, and won't stuck no more on options such as ILoveCandy.
* More artwork
* More fixes
Upgrading to Alpha3 is recommended. Even if we consider Shaman stable enough and we use it everyday, please remember it still can give troubles.