Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Elevation will interrupt current stream

Anonymous
2012-03-24
2013-02-18

• Anonymous
    2012-03-24

I was streaming from my iphone to the computer this morning, and this error popped up on the computer screen:

Title: Shairport4w
    Body: Elevation will interupt current stream
              Are you sure?
                       Yes     No

That error/warning did interrupt the stream. (which is why I walked downstairs to see it on the screen :) )
    Does anyone know what that error means?  I said yes, but that just seemed to open the settings screen in shairport4w.  It went back to working, but I found it odd that it popped up in the first place, and I don't know how to interpret the message.

• Frank Friemel
    Frank Friemel
    2012-03-26

"Elevation" is part of the "User Account Control"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control

Software will be restarted with Admin privileges. This happens choosing "Advanced…" menu item. Or the clicking "Change…" button.

• Anonymous
    2012-03-26

Ok, that helps a little, but still doesn't explain why it popped up in the first place.  I was listening to a stream.  There was nobody using the computer, so nobody hit the "advanced" or "Change…" buttons.  The computer in question is a server in my basement.  Not one that anyone ever uses interactively.