Need a helping Hand...

Help
Coder777
2005-02-21
2013-05-08
  • Coder777
    Coder777
    2005-02-21

My name is Stanley Schultz Jr.  I have been using your Product Squil 0.5.3 with OpenBSD 3.6. It is an excellent Product. I have also used Snort and looking into Prelude. I am very interested in Computer Security and want to learn more. You guys have done an excellent job with this Project. I have it running with OpenBSD 3.6 on one Computer as database, sensor, server and client. OpenBSD 3.6 is my Gateway/Firewall to my DSL modem to SBC. It is connected with another D-Link NIC Card inside Network to a Workstation server with Microsoft Windows XP. I use TightVNC to remote control the OPenBSD 3.6 with KDE.
    It is working up the 70% functionality. The Squil 0.5.3 on OpenBSD 3.6 brings up sreen for client with no problems. I temporarily don't initiated SSL, for I am only doing comms between Windows XP and the OPenBSD 3.6 Gateway/Firewall Box inside my small Network. I do have a few or more Questions.

1. Ethereal will not initiate? Have correct pathway...No clues why it will not work..

2. Can I change the Time from GMT to EST for NewYork?....How do I initiate that?...

3. Is it necessary to update all files in Squil 0.5.3 from the CVS file archive as you make them available?...

4. Is the SENSOR for HOST MACHINE same as HOSTNAME of COMPUTER or just a made up name?

5. When doing a QUERY records...it complains of '500 limit' issue with MySQL...

6. More Questions will come...

I would love it...if you guys had a "Complete Setup Instructions" document for Sguil 0.5.3 on OPenBSD 3.6. It has taken me 3 months to get this far to get Squil 0.5.3 working on OpenBSD 3.6 from uncomplete instructions for other BSD Systems. If you
    sold the Product fully functional. I would buy it... I LOVE this PRODUCT...

I know I can get more information throught irc channel #snort-gui on irc.freenode.net..., but is using open port 6667 secure?
    JUst curious?

If needed, you can email me at s.schultz@snet.net (Home Email) or sschultz@hubbell-premise.com (WOrk Email), for any issues, questions or thoughts at any time. Thank you for your Project and your time.

I also work with visual Basic and C++ in developing software....TCL seems pretty straight forward...I would be GLAD to HELP, any time in any way...GREAT PRODUCT....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...