I presume this project is dead?

Help
2008-01-29
2013-04-08
  • I see that there are no usable downloads, the source doesn't compile and there has been no activity for ~3 years. Has this project been abandoned before a usable version could be released?

• Laird Nelson
      Laird Nelson
      2008-01-30

It is dead, yes.  I must say I'm surprised however the source doesn't compile (granted I haven't looked at this thing in...four years?).  Sorry!  Part of the reason for the death of this project was SourceForge's repeated insistence that they would streamline the whole release process.  I don't frankly know if that's happened; I've moved lots of my stuff to java.net.

If you want any help getting this back up and running, I can look into it.  Just let me know.

Best,
      Laird

• Yang Zhang
        Yang Zhang
        2008-02-29

I'm also interested in getting this thing to build, because I'd like to have a command-line tool for creating releases (and maybe uploading files, but that's already possible via FTP).

• Laird Nelson
          Laird Nelson
          2008-03-01

Hi, yangzhang; yes, the project is dead.  :-(  It might come back to life, but not right now.

Keeping the thing up to date so that it tracked the way that Sourceforge's web pages changed was too much of a hassle.

Best,
          Laird