Small Ftootprint Container(SFC) tools
SFC tools is a set of tools to create, execute and manage containers
based on LXC. In addtion to the LXC, SFC manages file set of containers
by stackable filesystem like unionfs. By this, you can create containers
with own filesystem from a single file set.
SFC will read lxc configuration file as its configureation and
create containers according to the configuration.
Differences from LXC is following:
* create stackable filesystem for root filesystem.
With this functionality, you can create many containers from
single set of root filesystem.
* detect files which requires to run containers
If you run sfc container with test mode, sfc will detect which files
are acutually used to run application. You'll collect those files
later on. You can use and/or distribute the file set as a base of
concrete application fileset.
* modify init/upstart base files
Some files are requited to modify or create for container specific
initialization to start a container with /sbin/init.
SFC will modify and create proper scripts for container initialization.
With those functionality, you can create host filesystem base container
with filesystem seperation.
SFC is written in ruby script base, targeted system is ubuntu for now.
To run SFC, you require:
sfc-* commands are similar to lxc-* commands.
following commads are available for now.
* sfc-create - create container
* sfc-start - start container
* sfc-stop - stop container
* sfc-destroy - destroy container
* sfc-execute - execute specified command in a container
* sfc-ls - list sfc containers
* sfc-archive - archive files used in a specfied container
* sfc-deploy - deploy filesystem in specified manged directroy
* sfc-mount - mount filesystem for specified container
* sfc-umount - unmount filesystem for specified container