command line versus GUI

Help
2005-02-16
2012-12-07
  • Hi,

I do knlow that I already asked here but could anybody give me the whole command line that would compress my 30000 PDF files with THE SAME ratio like

- arichive format - 7z
    - Compression level - ultra
    - compression method - LZMA
    - dictionary size 48MB
    - word size 64

in GUI? so far I got much much worse results using command like. I am sure that I make some mistakes...

Thanks a lot.
    R>

• is there anybody that could help me?

please.
      Thank you
      R.

• PatLogan
        PatLogan
        2005-02-18

Hi
        would like to help you, but don't understand your question : if you want the command line options, then it is not GUI utilisation...

• PatLogan,

thank you for your reply.

What I want? I need to pack directories of thousands of  files. Directory by directory to separate archive file. Because it takes cca1-2hour to pack one directory I would like to use batch file so I do not have to check it now and then to start packing next directory.
          I am very happy with the ratio I receive using GUI of 7zip. But I do not know how to get THE SAME result/ratio using command line version of 7zip.
          So my question is how to translate GUI settings to command line to get the same ratio. My GUI settings are in my first post.
          Thank you again!
          R.

• PatLogan,

thank you for your reply.

What I want? I need to pack directories of thousands of files. Directory by directory to separate archive file. Because it takes cca1-2hour to pack one directory I would like to use batch file so I do not have to check it now and then to start packing next directory. 
      I am very happy with the ratio I receive using GUI of 7zip. But I do not know how to get THE SAME result/ratio using command line version of 7zip. 
      So my question is how to translate GUI settings to command line to get the same ratio. My GUI settings are in my first post.
      Thank you again!
      R.

• Try
      7z a -mx=9 -md=48m <archive name> <files>

I tested this with 4.15 beta and got indentical results GUI and CLI.

• > 7z a -mx=9 -md=48m <archive name> <files>

doesn't give EXACT results _sometimes_ but I does help me!!!!

Thank you so much
      R.