Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

The specified file could not be found

Help
2004-09-30
2012-12-07
  • Hi,

I am dual-booting Windows 2000, and have made a copy of my first system drive by booting onto my second system drive and simply copying the first system over.

Whenever I try to archive the copied system files, 7-zip goes through the archiving process for a while, until the error

The specified file could not be found

is displayed.

Is this some sort of file permissions problem?  I am using NTFS.  Or perhaps there is a file whose name contains illegal characters, or maybe a filename which is too long?  I can't seem to narrow it down.

Has anyone else had this error and been able to figure out what caused it?

Many Thanks,
    Jonny

• Igor Pavlov
      Igor Pavlov
      2004-09-30

Reduce set of files and try to find problem file.

• Perhaps 7-Zip could display the name of the file that can't be added to the archive, rather than me having to manually search through 48946 files and 2576 folders, particularly when I don't know what I'm looking for?

Thanks again for any help,
      Jonny

• Иногда архивирую очень много файлов и БОЕВОЙ диретории, при этом пользователи в процессе могут какой-нибудь удалить, а 7-Zip жмёт по заранее созданному списку и не обгаружив файла, просто вываливается, нет ли возможности игнорировать не найденные файлы?