Disable CRC SHA Context Menu

Help
Germier
2015-02-23
2019-06-04
  • Germier

Germier - 2015-02-23

Hi,

I am deploying 7-Zip 9.34 trough SCCM 2012 to several Pc`s and everything work properly. For that I will like to say thanks for this grate Product.

I will like to disable a couple of options for example:
    Options\ 7-Zip\ Context Menu\ CRC SHA
    but without any User interaction, better also from the Installation or trough GPO.

I have also make a "Transform" File for something else, but I can`t find how to disable the CRC Menu.

How I can do that?

Thanks very much
    Mela

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2015-02-23

1) You can disable CRC via Options.
    2) You can look changes in registry item after changes in Options.

• Germier

Germier - 2015-02-25

Thanks very much. I have find it, and make an Special registry entry for my Options.

Another question, where can i set up this key so that each new user who log in have the same ContexMenu like i want?

I have try it on diferent place, but dont work.
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\7-Zip\Optios
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\7-Zip\Optios
    it seems that 7-Zip take the Default ContextMenu from another place.

Thanks
    Mela

Last edit: Germier 2015-02-25
  • Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2015-02-25

7-Zip reads hkey_current_user registry item.
    So you must set such item for each new user.

• Pavel Oreski

Pavel Oreski - 2016-02-03

Hello Igor,

first - thank you for a great work.

I am battling with the context menu as well. The issue is I need to set "default" configuration for the context menu (remove CRC SHA from the context menu) when installing the program for all possible future users. We deploy images and install programs right away with Admin account, then ship the computer to users and they log in with their username/password.

I tried to use the HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\7-Zip\Options\ and dword ContextMenu with the right value, but that is not picked up when new user logs in.

Is there a way for new users to get different "default" configuration than the one you selected?

Last edit: Pavel Oreski 2016-02-03
      • Blu Vg

Blu Vg - 2016-02-26

I have the same issue. Or rather, I want to remove the shell integration by default for all users of the image. Ideally, this could be configured in the installer, or some configurable initial settings file or something. I can probably figure it out through some GPO Preferences hacking, but that's tedious, error-prone, and time-consuming.

I too thank you, Igor--7-zip is awesome!

• Blu Vg

Blu Vg - 2016-02-26

After a bit more digging, it looks like unregistering 7-zip.dll will probably suffice in my case. Hopefully that doesn't have any unintended consequences.

• Michael Whitehead

You can disable any of the context menu items by going into the settings:

Tools > Options > 7-Zip Tab > Uncheck any items you dont want

• Icemax76

Icemax76 - 2017-02-15

Hy.
    Here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VpQFrvHNL8
    you can find a video tutorial that shows how to remove the CRC SHA entry from right click context menu.

• Binosh Augusthy

Binosh Augusthy - 2019-06-04

I used Install watch pro to view the registry changes, and find it. jest add this code in a text file and change extention to reg.. then run. that is it..

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\7-Zip\Options]
    "ContextMenu"=dword:00003f77