Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Cannot delete archive file after 7-zip tried to add a file

Help
ToprakA
2013-10-13
2013-10-14
  • ToprakA
    ToprakA
    2013-10-13

Hello All:

I tried to add one more file to a zip archive using 7-zip. The addition ended with an error and it did not complete.

I tried to remove the zip archive file, my w7 computer comes back and tells me I need administrative rights for this. I click "continue", but it fails to delete the file. I am also unable to move the file somewhere else.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Last edit: ToprakA 2013-10-13
  • Ghost Templar
    Ghost Templar
    2013-10-14

It's possible the file has been locked open for some reason. It would also explain why 7-Zip couldn't adding a file to the archive (something that it should be capable of, but not if the file is locked by something else).

Still, I doubt the file would remain locked once you restarted your computer. Can you delete it after a reboot?

• ToprakA
      ToprakA
      2013-10-14

I rebooted the computer several times over the past few days, but I still cannot delete the file.

However, having written the above, I went back and looked at the properties of the file. Under Security tab, clicked on advanced, and noticed that no one was permitted to do anything with. I assigned myself the full rights, and was able to delete the file.