Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Sfx multivolume -spanning how, solution (?)

2005-03-12
2012-12-08
  • I treid tomake a sfx multivolume...but 7-zip can't do it, later i tried to do with NSIS (last version), can't do it.

And finally i found a software can do!!! It's the Inno setup!!!!
    thanks www.jrsoftware.org (maybe somebody can consadure this is spam).

YES!! with inno the 7-zip sfx multvolum its possible!!

I dont' understand why 7-zip and nsis don't have support  a multivolume for 7-zip/lzma

How it's possible?

• I itred to make a multvolume sfx with inno (v.5) but final file size 8in this case) it's aprox 17 mb's more than the orignal 7-zip and the setup.exe it's aprox 2 mb's!!!!

How it's possible, why the installers using 7-zip don't compress like 7-zip? :-?

• > How it's possible, why the installers using 7-zip don't compress like 7-zip?
      Because the installers only use LZMA, not exe filters(like BCJ)

• Because inno and NSIS use lzma, not exe filters (like bcj2)

• And why don't use the filters? :-?

• I Agree...Drag & Drop should be supported...as well as Split-Volume SFX.  But most of the people in these forum's bitching about all this have never bothered to contribute to the project.  Donate something to these hard working guys so they can quit their day jobs and really work on this project.  If you have not sent $20 you have no reason to be complaining about anything!