Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

set archive time to lastest file

2010-11-23
2012-12-07
  • Poplar  Yang
    Poplar Yang
    2010-11-23

Could 7-zip add a switch to set archive time to lastest file ( as same as rar's switch -t1)?

• Poplar  Yang
    Poplar Yang
    2010-11-24

thanks

• Roger Moser
    Roger Moser
    2010-11-28

I have added to 7-Zip the feature to set the time of the archive to the time of the newest file. The command line version sets the time by default. To disable it, enter the option "-mts=off". In the File Manager you can configure it at Tools -> Options -> Settings, and in the FAR plugin at Options -> Plugin Configuration -> 7-Zip.

And I have added the move command. For the command line version the command is "m" instead of "a". And in the File Manager press Shift while draging the file from or to an archive, or click "Move". And in the FAR Manager press "F6". Moving files from one archive to another archive is not supported.

Since my server is too slow to offer you the changed executables, I publish only the differences of the sourc files. To get the new source files, extract 7z920.tar from 7z920.tar.bz2, download www.pamho.net/7z/7z920rm.7z (20kB) and extract 7z920rm.exe to the same folder where you extracted 7z920.tar, then run 7z920rm.exe. It will create 7Z920RM.TAR which contains the new sources. (7z920rm.exe is a DOS program and runs only under MS-DOS, 16-bit Windows or 32-bit Windows.) You can find the changes by searching the source files for "RM_NO_SETTIME", "RM_NO_MOVE", or "RM_NO_BUGFIX".

• Roger Moser
    Roger Moser
    2010-11-29

Maybe it is troublesome to update the source files with 7z920rm.exe. Therefore you can now download the changed source files from www.pamho.net/7z/7z920rm1.7z (112kB).

I also added the "f" (freshen) command to the command line version. I know I can achieve this by the "-u" option. But I wanted a simple command.

• Anonymous
    2010-12-01

Any fine soul that can compile and post the final .exe?
    I need this feature but for a long time was lacking in several packages.

• Vacon
    Vacon
    2010-12-05

Hello everyone,

great! Thank you :-)

Best regards!

• Vacon
    Vacon
    2010-12-05

Hello everyone,

for a more detailed discussion about "move" look here.

Best regards!

• withanh
    withanh
    2010-12-22

Thanks ramakanta, this is exactly what I needed!

• dos386
    dos386
    2010-12-24

> Could 7-zip add a switch to set archive time to lastest file ( as same as rar

YES please (Igor) ;-) Total Commander also does.

• xkiter
    xkiter
    2011-08-10

WONDERFUL ramakanta . Really hope IGOR will add this code to the standard tree or we'll lose this fantastic development in the future versions os 7zip.