Req: Extract multiple archives to separate f.

Dreamer
2007-04-09
2012-12-07
  • Dreamer
    Dreamer
    2007-04-09

Extract multiple archives to separate folders option.

• intelics
    intelics
    2011-01-30

I don't see how 7zip has gotten as far as it has without this option!

You should be able to lasso a bunch of zip files, then right click and click "extract to separate folders" , which would create a bunch of folders with the same names as the zip files.

Right now each archive has to be unzipped individually which is a real pain, and has kept me from using and recommending 7zip.

• Vacon
    Vacon
    2011-01-30

Hello everyone,

thank you for enlighting us :-)
    I almost thought that marking some files (<- archives) in some filemanager and right-clicking on them to choose "Extract to *\" from 7-Zip's context-menu would do that trick, but perhaps I have to re-think…
    To become serious again -> did you ever *really* try to use 7-Zip's context-menu? The function you are asking for in such a "polite" way is there for years now!

Best regards!

• intelics
    intelics
    2011-01-30

So it is!  Thank you for enlightening me!  I had no idea that "*/" means "separate archives"…. perhaps I should have just tried it but it never occurred to me.

• intelics
    intelics
    2011-01-30

I found quite a few people asking this same question btw…. perhaps the wording on the context menu for this function can be replaced with something more descriptive?  Anyway, thanks for the reply…..