7-Zip 9.30 alpha

2012-10-26
2 days ago
<< < 1 .. 4 5 6 7 > >> (Page 6 of 7)
  • Igor Pavlov
    Igor Pavlov
    2013-10-05

You can use Ctrl+C to copy whole text from window.

• Santos
    Santos
    2013-10-09

No source code? I wonder is NSA is involved, afterall, 7zip deals with encryption...

Last edit: Santos 2013-10-09
    • Ghost Templar
      Ghost Templar
      2013-10-10

There's no source code because Igor doesn't supply source for alphas. As he said at the beginning of this thread, "Source code will be released in future beta version."

Mentioning the NSA as an excuse for anything without supporting evidence does nothing but bring out the flames.

• Vahit
    Vahit
    2013-10-18

One Question Is The Project 7zip Dead Or Why the Last Stable version is 9.20 and From 2011 !
    And The Alpha is 1 Year Old Version 9.30 ! And Why 7zip Doesnt Support Iso Files ?

Last edit: Vahit 2013-10-18
  • Igor Pavlov
    Igor Pavlov
    2013-10-18

There is big probability that next alpha version will be released before 2013-11-15.

7-Zip supports most of ISO files.

• szfong
      szfong
      2013-10-18

Igor,

I'm glad to see the project is still alive and well... :)

Can you label the next release as BETA, rather than ALPHA, so that source code can be released? That way, GUI front-end authors/projects can feel comfortable integrating your code... and we can all experience some of the NEW and exciting features that you've added since 9.20... I hate to see the web community losing interest in the *.7z format....

Anyhow, thanx for the update!

• Igor Pavlov
        Igor Pavlov
        2013-10-18

Probably that new alpha version will have big number of new BUGs. It will require at least from 3 to 8 weeks to fix all critical bugs, so "beta" with source code can be expected in December 2013.

• NoAngel
          NoAngel
          2013-10-20

great news!

• Igor Pavlov
      Igor Pavlov
      2013-11-13

It's updated information about release date for next version.
      Now I plan 7-Zip 9.31 alpha to 2013-11-25.

• Ghost Templar
        Ghost Templar
        2013-11-14

That's not much of an version update... 14 months to go from 9.30 -> 9.31.

I know version numbers aren't supposed to be taken too seriously, but 14 months for a minor version upgrade will put some people off.

• nikolasr
          nikolasr
          2013-11-14

Well, for me, it's a "Thank You for working on this and developing 7-zip further!" to Igor.
          But, yes, I'm, too, looking forward for a new beta version with source. So Igor, pretty please with a cherry on top, publish a new beta or even an alpha, but with source. As long as the source is available, I don't mind finding bugs (as I've been warned before), but I'm somewhat reluctant to install a closed source version.

But, however and nevertheless, as I said before, thank You very much for working on 7-zip :=)

Last edit: nikolasr 2013-11-14
          • Ghost Templar
            Ghost Templar
            2013-11-15

Well that's the good thing - Igor's indicated he'll release source with the next alpha/beta, finally. Heck I might even decide to go in and modify the ISO handling code so that it doesn't bitch every time a header doesn't perfectly match the ISO standard. :)

• Igor Pavlov
        Igor Pavlov
        2013-11-25

Some code is not finished still.
        Release date for 7-Zip 9.31 alpha moves to 2013-11-29.

• ksf
          ksf
          2013-11-25

thanks for the update regarding the release date, we are looking forward to it

• FizzyWidget
    FizzyWidget
    2013-11-02

When can we expect a STABLE release? The last one is coming up on 3 years ago, and the latest BETA is over 2.5 years old. I know you don't have a lot of spare time, but a lot of people may be put off with the alpha's.

• Ghost Templar
      Ghost Templar
      2013-11-06

Then those people have to harden up and accept that 7-Zip is in perpetual alpha/beta versioning. Honestly the 9.30 alpha has no real bugs to speak of apart from some iffy ISO support (but that's less of a bug and more of Igor deliberately being stubborn on the fact that not all ISOs are 100% compliant with the standard, but are still out there and should still be viewable, as they can be with every other ISO viewer/mounter on the planet).

• FizzyWidget
        FizzyWidget
        2013-11-06

This is a development version.
        Don't use 7-Zip 9.30 alpha to process important files and archives.
        If you need more stable version, you can use 7-Zip 9.25 alpha.

Igors own words, and alpha in most peoples minds means unstable and buggy.

• Dear Igor.

Is the interface of 7z.dll 9.30 compatible with 7z.dll 9.20?

I'm developing a wrapper Ruby library of 7z.dll, SevenZipRuby.
    Currently, I'm developing it based on 7z.dll 9.20.
    Could you share the information about the interface of new 7z.dll?
    For example, IInArchive, IOutArchive and so on.

Regards,
    Murase

• Igor Pavlov
      Igor Pavlov
      2013-11-04

7z.dll 9.30 uses same old interfaces.
      7z.dll 9.30 also supports some additional interfaces (for example, for better speed), but you can use old default interfaces.

• Thank you for your reply!

7z.dll 9.30 also supports some additional interfaces (for example, for better speed),

I will check these new features after source code is published.

Thanks,
        Murase

• FizzyWidget
    FizzyWidget
    2013-11-06

anyone here using the latest alpha, does it open winrar5 archives?

• Savage-i
      Savage-i
      2013-11-11

9.30 alpha can't open winrar 5

• Savage-i
    Savage-i
    2013-11-11

When there will be a support of Winrar 5 archives?

Last edit: Savage-i 2013-11-11
    • Ghost Templar
      Ghost Templar
      2013-11-12

Supposedly there will be a new alpha of 7-Zip released this month, if Igor sticks to his predictions as mentioned above. Who knows, it might support WinRAR 5 archives.

Having said that, I haven't seen RAR5 archives in the wild yet (which makes sense - it's not the default so you have to specifically set it in WinRAR 5 when creating an archive, so most people don't). Unless you're making them yourself, you probably won't have too much of a concern right now.

• Igor Pavlov
      Igor Pavlov
      2013-11-12

Now the priority task is to release new alpha version and beta version with source code.
      Then I can think about RAR5 things.

<< < 1 .. 4 5 6 7 > >> (Page 6 of 7)