Question

fred
2012-08-05
2012-12-07
  • fred
    fred
    2012-08-05

Hello. I use the Paul Stretch software. It is possible to stoker the regulations of the parameters on files .xml. Nevertheless, these files .xml are incomprehensible when we open them with Notepad2 for example. They seem coded. I thus use the software 7zip. When we double clique(pipe band) on these files which carry(wear) the extension .xml, a file appears (OSHôte = NTFS / CRC = B218D042). If we open this file with Notepad2 we open a file which thus has the characteristics of a file in the .xml size(format). My question is thus the following one: if I modify values in the file opened with the software Notepad2 how I have to proceed to save this file. Is it necessary to save the file in Notepad2? Then is it then necessary to save a file created by Notepad2 in 7zip? I would be grateful to you for answering.
    Sorry for the english.

• fernando
    fernando
    2012-08-05

7-Zip should give you prompt to update the archive:

7-Zip

File 'filename' was modified.
    Do you want to update it in the archive?

OK   Cancel  

• fernando
    fernando
    2012-08-05

Addendum: The parameter.xml files created by Paul Stretch are GNU zip (Gzip) archives.

• fred
    fred
    2012-08-06

I thank ikxcsshcm7 or its answer.
    I believe to have understood to save a edited file. On the other hand, my problem is the following one now: if I try to edit these files thanks to notepad2 it is by hoping to be then able to load in Paul Stretch these file.
    The problem is thus that it is again necessary to code the file with a system of encoding as that oF the GNUzip. How have we access to this software when it is installed on a computer? I did not find an icon for lance this software!
    Beforehand thank you for the

• fernando
    fernando
    2012-08-06

I do not use Paul Stretch.
    Open the parameter "filename" PSX archive in 7-Zip - then select the File > Edit (F4)
    Edit the "filename" XML file in your notepad2 and Save and Close
    7-Zip should prompt "Do you want to update it in the archive?"
      See:  i.imgur.com/TLTHM.jpg

The PSX archive will remain in Gzip archive format.
    Paul Stretch should accept the updated PSX archive.

• fred
    fred
    2012-08-15

I thank ikxcsshcm7 or its answer.
    Definitely, there is numerous problems. When I click F4, an error message appears: impossible to start the editor.
    There should be a problem with these Paul Stretch's specific files.
    I am going to try to obtain information on these files.

• fernando
    fernando
    2012-08-15

When I click F4, an error message appears: impossible to start the editor.

OK try…
    Open the parameter "filename" PSX archive in 7-Zip
    Drag the "filename" out of 7-Zip; leave 7-Zip open.
    Edit the "filename" XML file in your notepad2 and Save and Close
    Drag the "filename" back in to 7-Zip.

• fred
    fred
    2012-08-21

Hello. I thank ikxcsshcm7 for ,its message. I think of having understood.
    On the other hand, there is a question that I settle. Why is it possible to save regulations of parameters of an audio software (Paul Stretch)  under the shape of file .psx? Apparently, files .psx allow to protect the blocks of a memory card of a playstation.I learnt that there is a free software which would allow to manipulate files in the .psx size. It is about the software PSX Game Edit. But they are files for the video games. Are these files .psx the same that those whom we can store with Paul Stretch?

• fernando
    fernando
    2012-08-24

Maybe author of Paul Stretch choose file extension name of his liking - PSX  =? Paul Stretch eXtreme
    Only coincidence naming of Sony PlayStation eXperimental.