Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Problems with 7-Zip 64-bit x64

Ken
2011-07-16
2014-03-31
  • Ken
    Ken
    2011-07-16

Having some problems with 7-Zip 64-bit x64 Ver. 9.20 on Windows7 pro.
    If I double-click on a .rar file, I see a menu pop up quickly and then disappear.
    Next I run 7-Zip and it's half-dead. Click on "Info" or File->open and nothing happens. Tools->Options works but under System tab no file associations are selected. I select all and hit "Apply" or "OK" and an error message comes up: "An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers"
    Using the screen far right pick-list, I am able to navigate to my folder with the .rar and extract works.
    I did an uninstall and reinstall and nothing changed.
    Anything else I could try to fix?

• Igor Pavlov
    Igor Pavlov
    2011-07-16

Yes, you can install 7-Zip 9.22 beta or 7-Zip 9.23 alpha .

• Ken
    Ken
    2011-08-01

I uninstalled 9.20 (x64) and note the C:\Program Files\7-Zip folder is gone, as expected.

Next installed 9.22 beta and 7-Zip comes up showing a previously loaded archive (from 9.20).
    If I look at Options->System I have no files associated with 7-Zip. I select 'rar' and 'gz' + and click apply and error message comes up "An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers" then the apply button is dim and no longer works.

Click on File-> Open does nothing, but right-click on an archive and 7-Zip comes up okay.

It might be settings are stored somewhere and got scrambled?

• Jake
    Jake
    2011-08-04

Try run as administrator, then modify options, then it should work. Somehow installer does not do these settings correctly.

• abagnale
    abagnale
    2011-08-04

Run it as an administrator.. it would  not show you again this problem.

• gratefully
    gratefully
    2014-03-31

This advice worked for me! Thank you all for your dedication to helping us who know so much less. (at least about software, anyway!)