Menu

FAR Manager support?

2005-04-19
2012-12-08
  • Nobody/Anonymous

How to get the 'extra package' for Far Manager support? Is it still working with Far.

• Nobody/Anonymous

• Dmitry Katsubo

Dmitry Katsubo - 2005-05-09

I am trying to use the 1-st level interface for Far using "7-ZipFar.dll" and I have a problem with archives (solid and non-solid), created by WinRAR 3.30.
        While trying to remove any file/directory inside the archive the following error occures: "No such interface supported".
        Are there any limitations for .rar support? I guess, Formats\rar.dll supports only decompressing, so solid archives won't work (they need recompressing). But removing from ordinary archives should work, AFAIK.
        Is there any possibility to pass such unsupported requests for modification from 7-ZipFar.dll to multiarc.dll?

Thanks.

• Nobody/Anonymous

That is to say: go to the sourceforge 7-zip site and click on the link that says

[View ALL Project Files]

so that you are shown ALL of the files tha Igor ever released since versoin 2.30 Beta 5 instead of just the latest one.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thank you. :o)

• Alexander Kovalevich

Should I have 7zip installed in order to use Far plugin? Can I rought it with 7za command line version instead of full package?