Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Easy 7-Zip

James Hoo
2013-12-03
2015-02-11
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • Jaimy Porter
    Jaimy Porter
    2014-02-25

I really don't get why this stuff isn't already in 7-zip right now. I like 7-zip and I'm grateful but as a programmer myself I feel like there should be more releases of the normal 7-zip.
    Thanks for making e7z James Hoo.

• Marti
    Marti
    2014-04-02

hi james,

I like the improvements you've made ​​to 7zip. These are things which long ago in 7zip should have been installed.

Is it possible that you also support newer versions such as eg the version 9.22? Since in this version, the error in archiving and send with a 64bit version of 7zip no longer occurs.

I would also find it great if you could set a kind of standard format for the archive in 7zip. Instead "7z" So, for example, "zip".

Maybe you could also integrate this in your next version.

greeting
    Marti

• Nikkho
      Nikkho
      2014-04-05

Hope those excellent enhancements will be integrated by Igor in next 7-Zip release.

In the meantime, I guess that would be nice for James Hoo too upgrade the codebase from 9.20 to latest available 9.22.

• Stef
    Stef
    2015-01-12

I like the changes made in latest version (0.1.4)
    maybe add this to right click
    - compress to each file/folder name .zip .7z
    - new icons
    or maybe
    to drag and drop folders to program
    and archive them not in same (one) archive (in separate (more) archive)

Last edit: Stef 2015-01-12
  • john lee
    john lee
    2015-01-12

• maybe add support for decoding winrar 5 format by adding a separate program to do this. This is one of the things 7zip users want - believe igor isn't planning to do this for a while?

• Colonel Panic
    Colonel Panic
    2015-02-11

Great work on Easy 7-Zip :D. I have a feature request, apparently this has been requested as far back as at least 2009 for 7-Zip but to this day has never been implemented.

7-Zip isn't truly portable (including your portable version), in that it stores its settings in the Windows registry. To be truly portable, it should have the option to store its settings in a file, by default located with the executable, so it can be taken to new systems without interfering with possible local installations. Would it be possible for you to implement this into Easy 7-Zip, either with an optional command line switch (e.g. 7zFM.exe --config=config.ini) or by checking for the existence of a particularly named file located in its own folder (a la uTorrent) and reading/writing settings to it instead of the registry?

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)