2012-12-08
  • which one is better?

Maybe I need install both of them....

• Maybe you further need the install of
      other programs found on...
      http://www.tucows.com/comp95.html
      http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/downloader/fwzip.html

...but I suggest you stick to a bugfree archiver that at least has a
      good algorithm of it's own(!), or supports 7zip or uharc compression.
      This means WinRAR, WinAce, 7Zip, WinUHA, Iceows.

Apart from zip files, that Filzip only makes cabinet files.
      This can lead to issues when windows detects non microsoft cabfiles during problem shooting. So it's not advisable to use in practice.

• 7-zip running is faster than flizip, its context menu in windows explorer is more user friendly. fox example, for a self-zip file, flizip can't open it, 7-zip can; for a zip file, 7-zip can do re-zip for it, but flizip can't do it in windows explorer

but flizip supports more formats i.e. ace and lzh, and it display all files (under different folders) list of an archiver in same window (not need go down lower level folder), I really like this point.

• Filzip -not flizip- is one of many, like izarc, tugzip, others.
      There really is no special reason to recommend filzip.
      Maybe you like it because you used it first, nothing wrong
      with that.
      Btw, stuffit is solid too, but it's not freeware or shareware.

• Some of FilZip's Features:

Full support (add and extract) support for ZIP (including Quake III's PK3),BH (BlakHole), CAB (Microsoft Cabinet),JAR (JavaARchive), LHA (LZH), TAR and GZIP(TAR.GZ)
          Extracting support for several other archive formats: ACE, ARC, ARJ, RAR, ZOO
          Support for internet encoded files .UUE and .XXE
          Standard archive operations like add, extract, delete or view files from archive, and other functions like renaming files within ZIP archives, viewing and writing a comment, define an external viewing program, test the archive if it's valid (after a download), "Checkout" function, or automatically install a program out of an archive, set archive passwords
          built-in email client, but also possibility to launch system default email client
          Create SFX (SelFExtracting) archives to provide your data easily, e.g. over the internet
          Copy, Rename, Move or Delete archives within FilZip
          Find files in archives
          Write ZIP file span (predifined size or user defined, no limits!)
          Explorer & Shell integration using FilZip Shell Extensions.
      E.g. extract files from context menu, or add from explorer directly to zip
          Converting between several archive formats, for example converting ZIP to CAB archive.
          multiExtract support! you can select several archives and extract them at once. Many options.
          Help file in new Compiled Html Help format.
          Complete uninstallation
          and many more...

• A screenshot of the excellent Freeware Archiver, Filzip.

http://www.filzip.com/img/fzeng.gif

** Full support (ADD AND EXTRACT) support for ZIP (including Quake III's PK3),BH (BlakHole), CAB (Microsoft Cabinet),JAR (JavaARchive), LHA (LZH), TAR and GZIP(TAR.GZ) 
      ** Extracting support for several other archive formats: ACE, ARC, ARJ, RAR, ZOO 

Reads as Excellent, but has NO 7-Zip support!!!

• they are slower than 7-zip and their context menu is not so good as 7-zip's...

• The features you sum up are very common and only confirm that this program is nothing special.
      It has no 7zip support? Enough already!
      Please, go spend your energy looking at some of the better competitors.

• yes, you are right. currently i can't find other better and free competitor than 7-zip, that is why i am considing to install both 7-zip and filzip. filzip will be used on those formats which 7-zip doesn't support.

• Allright, buddy. You have every right to like filzip.
      As long as we agree that others can do the similar thing.
      And we both like 7zip, so there's something!

Izarc and Tugzip have 7zip support and are freeware as well. Powerarchiver is not freeware but is probably best in this field
      of archivers without their own algorithm. PA has 7zip support
      and probably doesn't come out on top at tucows, because PA
      is downloaded directly from it's homesite a lot. Check it out.).