Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

7-zip FM numerical name sorting

Zapeth
2014-02-17
2014-02-17
  • Zapeth
    Zapeth
    2014-02-17

Hi, I have noticed that the 7-zip file manager sorts the files in the archives strictly alphabetical and I was wondering if there is a chance to include an option for numerical sorting as well.

Because I have quite a few archives here with lots of files in them that are named to be in a certain order, like 1_file.txt, 2_file.txt, ..., 4000_file.txt.
    But since they aren't sorted numerical they end up being diplayed as 1000_file.txt, 1001_file.txt, 1002_file.txt, ..., 1_file.txt, 2000_file.txt, etc

Of course that totally messes up the desired order and if possible I'd like to avoid to extract all the archives, mostly because I don't want to deal with that many files on my HDD.

So I would greatly appreciate it, if a feature for this would get implemtented ;)

• Igor Pavlov
    Igor Pavlov
    2014-02-17

It was implemented in latest alpha version of 7-Zip.

Attachments
  • Zapeth
    Zapeth
    2014-02-17

Great I had no idea :D

Also thanks for the quick answer, I hope there will be an official update soon (non-beta/alpha), I'll check out the Alpha for now.

Attachments