From: Announcement list for people interested in Sesame.
<sesame-announce@li...> - 2012-12-20 23:25:51
We are please to announce the release of Sesame 2.7.0-beta1.
This is the first beta release for Sesame 2.7. Sesame 2.7 is a major
update of the framework, incorporating several improvements in the core
APIs, as well as numerous bug fixes, new features, and useful improvements.
Since several core APIs (including the SAIL API and the Repository API)
have undergone changes, we urge both users of the framework and
independent implementors of SAIL backends to read the upgrade notes at
Some of the highlights of this release:
* Sesame Maven artifacts for this release are now available in Maven
* SAIL API overhaul: introduction of SailConnection.begin() to
explicitly indicate transaction start. See the upgrade notes for details.
* RepositoryConnection overhaul: setAutoCommit() replaced by begin(),
isAutoCommit() replaced by isActive(). See the upgrade notes for details.
* Multiple large improvements in the OpenRDF Workbench, including
support for basic HTTP authentication, paging support of query results,
and bookmarking of queries.
* Rio parsing/writing support for the N-Quads format
* HTTPRepository now supports background parsing/concurrent reading of
* Several improvements in SPARQL 1.1 support to bring up to date with
the Proposed Recommendation published on November 8.
See the JIRA Changelog for a complete listing of all fixed issues:
As this is a beta-release, we are eager for you to try it out and test
it, but we advise not to update your production systems to this release
just yet. We would welcome any feedback you might have, you can use the
Sesame Discussion mailinglist for this purpose:
You can find the new release via http://www.openrdf.org/download.jsp.
We look forward to hearing from you,
The Sesame Development Team