Over the last few days we've released two new versions of
WordNet::SenseRelate::AllWords - these releases have cleaned up a few
issues on the web interface, and also improved our ability to run
experiments various standard datasets like SemCor, Senseval-2, and
Senseval-3. As a part of this we have released a Perl version of the
scorer2 C program that has been used in much previous work. Having
this available in Perl makes it easier to install and integrate, and
we have added a few new reports to the output. We have also
standardized the stoplist we are using in
WordNet::SenseRelate::AllWords - stop words in this context are a
little different than normal, since WordNet does not contain many
traditional stopwords (like 'the'). However, it does contain a few
words that are typically stopwords but that have unexpected senses
(like 'in' having the sense of 'abbreviation for Indiana').
Please do check out the new release - the most current version is now
0.15 - if you are still a few versions away from that you probably
want to consider upgrading at this point. Find download links here :
Below is the Change Log for 0.14 and 0.15 (which came out within a day
of each other, hence just one announcement)
Date : February 14, 2009
1) Fixed the links of the default stoplist and nocompoundify option
on the web interface.
Date : February 13, 2009
1) Added allwords-scorer2.pl script for scoring. This script is
modeled after score2 C program
(http://www.senseval.org/senseval3/scoring). scorer2 C program
is no more used for scoring.
2) Changed wsd.pl and the web interface output format. The output
now displays the original text. For example, if the input text
is 'parking_ticket#n are#v expensive#a' then the output will be
'parking_tickets#n#1 are#v#1 expensive#a#1'. Modified t/wsd.t
for this change.
3) Removed config file option from the web interface
4) Added --nocompoundify option in wsd.pl and the web interface
5) Modified the default stoplist used by the web interface
replicated it to samples/default-stoplist-raw.txt to be used by
6) Fixed the ForcePos option on the webinterface.
7) Fixed the web interface crash when the user didn't provide any
8) Modified scorer2-format.pl to skip the entries where no sense is
9) --scorer2 option is no more provided in wsd-experiments.pl and
the script calls utils/allwords-scorer2.pl.
Please let us know of any questions or concerns!
Ted and Varada