finally, SMW 0.5 is available online . It will only run on PHP5 and expe=
MediaWiki 1.7 (though 1.6 might still work if you are lucky). Here are the=
core new features:
* Reuse of vocabulary, e.g. FOAF, as used on ontworld.org for some time. Se=
* Much improved unit conversion code: wiki users now can add new types with=
customised unit conversions easily, and even inline queries support unit=20
converions ("Show me the area of all African countries in km=B2" -> see=20
[[Africa]] at ontoworld.org). This feature also enables full localisation o=
all units of measurement. See .
* New datatypes for URLs, URIs, and even for external object porperties. A=
customisable blacklist prevents the use of certain URIs that would not be=20
appropriate as objects of such statements (e.g. you cannot refer to element=
of the RDF language as data!).
* Improved Special:Relations and Special:Attributes: you can now directly=20
search for the occurrences of some annotation with one click.
* Bugfixes, bugfixes, bugfixes.
* Cleaner (not necessarily "clean" ;) code, using PHP5 object orientation i=
ontoworld.org currently runs an unmodified off-the-shelf SMW 0.5, so it is =
good reference if you have questions regarding your fresh installation.
Institute AIFB, University of Karlsruhe, D-76128 Karlsruhe
mak@... phone +49 (0)721 608 7362
http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/WBS/ fax +49 (0)721 693 717