the Semantic MediaWiki 0.4 tarball is now available via SourceForge. Upgrad=
is recommended, since 0.4 is the first release to include *the* feature for=
which the whole thing was originally started: powerful and easy to use =20
inline queries. The syntax and functionality will be documented at=20
http://wiki.ontoworld.org/index.php/Help:Inline_queries (currently empty --=
guess Denny will add a comprehensive reference next week ;). For now, you=20
have to live with the modest example in the aricle [[SemWiki2006]] ...
But there are more features coming with 0.4:
* Improved output for Special:Relations and Special:Attributes: usage of
relations and attributes is now counted
* Improved ontology import feature, allowing to import ontologies and to
update existing pages with new ontological information
* Experimental suport for date/time datatype
* More datypes with units: mass and time duration
* Support for EXP-notation with numbers, as e.g. 2.345e13. Improved number
formating in infobox.
* Configurable infobox: infobox can be hidden if empty, or switched off
completely. This also works around a bug with MediaWiki galeries.
* Prototype version of Special:Types, showing all available datatypes with=
their names in the current language setting.
* "[[:located in::Paris]]" will now be rendered as "located in [[Paris]]"
* More efficient storage: changed database layout, indexes for fast search
* Code cleaned up, new style guidelines
* Bugfixes, bugfixes, and some more bugfixes
As usual, all can be tested at wiki.ontoworld.org. To upgrade, please be su=
to use MediaWiki 1.6 -- or volunteer to test which parts of it still work=20
with 1.5 and below ;-). AFAIK, SourceForge CVS is not yet up again, and thu=
Enjoy your new semantic wiki!
Institute AIFB, University of Karlsruhe, D-76128 Karlsruhe
mak@... phone +49 (0)721 608 7362
http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/WBS/ fax +49 (0)721 693 717