That last one looks like a problem in SMW, actually - it looks like SMW, in order to refresh its data, cycles through all the pages, passing the title of each one to 'SMWUpdateJob'. Instead, I think it should set the $wgTitle global variable, and have SMWUpdateJob access that every time instead - that will give the opportunity for other extensions that could be involved in setting semantic values, like External Data, to work as well. (Though I think External Data might be the first such extension, so it's not surprising that no one thought of it before).

In any case, for now, since it seems like you're not using ED to set semantic data yet, you can just comment out the inclusion of External Data while you run the script.

-Yaron


On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 11:02 AM, don undeen <donundeen@yahoo.com> wrote:

In addition, I realized I needed to run some scripts in extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/maintenance ,
but when I ran
SMW_refreshData.php, I get
 "Fatal error: Call to a member function getText on a non-object in \path\to\extenstions\ExternalData\ED_ParserFunctions.php on line 20

line 20 is where the EDParseFunctions class, method doGetExternalData , tries to call the getText method on a global var called $wgTitle .

any ideas?

One thing I'm dealing with, which I should probably just undo, is that I installed the richMedia extension, which isn't really compatible with this verison of MW.
I think I just get rid of that extension, until they come out iwth the new version.





----- Original Message ----
From: don undeen <donundeen@yahoo.com>
To: smw list <semediawiki-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 10:52:47 AM
Subject: [Semediawiki-user] upgrade, problems with Invert-property


Hi, I recently did a major upgrade of all my Wiki components:

MW: 1.12 -> 1.14
SMW: 1.0.1 -> 1.4.2

in some of my templates, I've got lines like:
{{Invert-property|P70F.documents|P70B.is documented in|}}

This works fine in my old install, but in the new install, those lines show up as a yellow /!\ , and clicking on it shows the message:
"" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.

has the formatting for this changed?

also, the "Facts about" box is missing, and many (but not all) of my ask queries are givin gme now results.

I've run the refreshLinks.php maintenance script, and the update.php script as well.

any ideas as to where I could have gone wrong?

thanks!






------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Register Now for Creativity and Technology (CaT), June 3rd, NYC. CaT
is a gathering of tech-side developers & brand creativity professionals. Meet
the minds behind Google Creative Lab, Visual Complexity, Processing, &
iPhoneDevCamp as they present alongside digital heavyweights like Barbarian
Group, R/GA, & Big Spaceship. http://p.sf.net/sfu/creativitycat-com
_______________________________________________
Semediawiki-user mailing list
Semediawiki-user@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/semediawiki-user






------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Register Now for Creativity and Technology (CaT), June 3rd, NYC. CaT
is a gathering of tech-side developers & brand creativity professionals. Meet
the minds behind Google Creative Lab, Visual Complexity, Processing, &
iPhoneDevCamp as they present alongside digital heavyweights like Barbarian
Group, R/GA, & Big Spaceship. http://p.sf.net/sfu/creativitycat-com
_______________________________________________
Semediawiki-user mailing list
Semediawiki-user@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/semediawiki-user