Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Upgrade from ACID

BASE-user
2004-11-05
2013-06-03
  • Tim Slighter
    Tim Slighter
    2004-11-05

Perhaps it would help others to know that in addition to configuring the base_conf.php file, if you wish to use user authentication, you must also source the acid2base_tbls_mysql.sql in the /sql directory into your current snort database.  Then you must follow the instructions from this forum for creating an administrator account with password as the password.  However, even after doing this and setting the "Use Auth system = 1" - there was no request for a username or password.  Any help please?

Thank you,

Tim

• Kevin Johnson
    Kevin Johnson
    2004-11-05

The original post was from before the user auth system was created. Sorry.

From your message, it appears that you are going directly to base_main.php.  The login happens on index.php so you will need to go there instead. 

For example, if you currently go to :
    http://127.0.0.1/base/base_main.php

change it to:
    http://127.0.0.1/base/index.php

Kevin

• gauravjindal05
    gauravjindal05
    2004-11-28

Hi,

I am not able to use BASE as my requirement is

(1) I should allow a particular user to see only alerts specifc to set of ip's
    (2) he should not be able to see anything else alerts

how this is feasible , as I have tested both ACID as well as BASE and i am unable to get this requirement fullfilled,

pls. suggest and thanks in adv.

Gaurav

• Kevin Johnson
    Kevin Johnson
    2004-11-29

Hi Guarav-

currently neither ACID nor BASE fulfill this requirement.  The user authentication system within BASE is continually being improved and features added.  This will be one of the feature requests and the development team will look into the feasability of making this work for you.

Kevin

• gauravjindal05
      gauravjindal05
      2004-11-30

Dear Kevin,

Can you suggest as if I want to be part of development team of BASE , how can I progress?

Gaurav

• Kevin Johnson
    Kevin Johnson
    2004-11-30

Hi-

We accept help from anyone who is interested in helping.  If you would like, you can always contact base@secureideas.net for more information on what we are doing and what you would like to help with.

Thanks
    Kevin