Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

BASE Page Load halts

BASE-user
2010-02-23
2013-06-03
  • mike pacheco
    mike pacheco
    2010-02-23

Hi

Base db setup page comes up fine - db setup works as advertized, start snort and I can see alerts populating the db no problem.  Connect to the DB with a mysql client and can see alerts data, sid's etc … - do a test scan of the HOME network and can see the events in the DB through the mysql client.

The Base main page loads the page about half way and just sits there spinning away and never finishes loading to a useful page with all data.

OS is CentOS 5 , Apache 2.2.3,  PHP 5.1, Base 1.4.4 (dawn)

I see a number of errors in apache's error_log:

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: BASE_installID in /var/www/base/base_conf.php on line 25
       PHP Warning:  include_once(Mail.php) : failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/base/includes/base_action.inc.php on line 29
       PHP Warning:  include_once() : Failed opening 'Mail.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/base/includes/base_action.inc.php on line 29
       PHP Warning:  include_once(Mail/mime.php) : failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/base/includes/base_action.inc.php on line 30
       PHP Warning:  include_once() : Failed opening 'Mail/mime.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/base/includes/base_action.inc.php on line 30
       PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: BASE_installID in /var/www/base/base_conf.php on line 25

I've dropped the snort db and recreated it twice - same result, create goes fine, can see alerts entering, can't get BASE to finish loading the front page.

The httpd.conf file is pretty simple:

alias /base "/var/www/base"

<Directory "/var/www/base">

Options FollowSymLinks
            Order allow,deny
            AllowOverride None
            Allow from all
    </Directory>

Am i missing something in the BASE install or PHP (PEAR maybe - its 1.4.9 - all from the base CentOS aarchive).

Any help would be appreciated.