BASE-user
Bencze
2004-11-29
2013-06-03
  • Bencze
    Bencze
    2004-11-29

Hi,

I have two problems with both ACID and BASE right now.
    1) I need to export large records (like 500,000 alerts or so) somehow and I just can't seem to be able to do it w/o ACID/BASE failing
    2) It would be very nice if I would be able to export in a CSV file (not only e-mail). From the e-mail I need to copy & paste or something... I might need to do some stuff in Excel for the management staff in the near future.

I am curious if there is a chance for these two things to work in the near future? It would rock.

Thanks!

• Kevin Johnson
      Kevin Johnson
      2004-11-29

Hi-

For question #1, look at increasing the $max_script_runtime variable in base_conf.php.

For question #2, the system already allows you to create CSV formatted display, which you could copy into a file.  We are in the process of imprving the actions allowed within BASE.

Thanks
      Kevin

• Bencze
      Bencze
      2004-12-07

Ah so rewriting the php code a bit to save in file? Hmm. Yeah... not a coder myself but done some asp when was young ;) I will try it these days. It is a simple and quick solution for me ofc but never thought of it.

1) - trying it. Thanks!

PS: Base is slow when querying DB. Can any optimization be done perhaps for big chunks of data? (I don't know DBs just the very very basic)

• Kevin Johnson
        Kevin Johnson
        2004-12-07

Hi-

Actually I wasn't suggesting rewriting the code.<g>  We are in the process of doing that.  I was suggesting having the system email you the CSV document and you saving that into a file.  BASE already will do the emailling part.

As to the performance, yup it has been reported quite frequently<g> and we have an active process we are going through to increase performance.  Hopefully that next version will be greatly improved in this regards.

Kevin