Chido42
2010-07-12
2013-06-03
  • Chido42
    Chido42
    2010-07-12

Greetings,
    I'm using snort 2.8.6 and Base 1.4.5.
    I've applied the last patch you've posted.
    I tried all the other post could suggest but i still have the same problem.

When i try to make a Graph Alert Data graph i have the broken link picture.
    My database seems to work fine when i'm in debug mode on Base i get results of the SQL request and no error.
    No error either in the sql_trace file.
    If you want i can post all the log of the debug mode and sql_trace file.

If you have any idea how to solve this.
    Thanks

• Daniel Caleb
    Daniel Caleb
    2010-07-12

I'm noticing this issue as well - same version of snort and base. I checked the apache error logs for BASE, and this line sticks out:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method Image_Graph_Element::Image_Graph_Element() in /usr/share/php/Image/Graph.php on line 136

A quick google and I came across a few bug reports regarding certain pear modules, such as Image_Graph, not playing nice with PHP5.3.

I'm hoping someone with a bit more knowledge in this area has a work around… besides downgrading to PHP5.2.x…

Thanks

• Chido42
    Chido42
    2010-07-13

I've looked myself into the log error of apache2 and indeed i have the same error.
    I think i will try to force to install php 5.2 and see if it works.

Thank you for your help

• Chido42
    Chido42
    2010-07-13

:o cant edit my post ?
    Well i would like to add that apparently a patch has been posted but for me it didn't solve the problem

• Chido42
    Chido42
    2010-07-13

Well i tried to install it on ubuntu 9.10 all went perfectly (just some package to add).
    I tried to downgrade on ubuntu 10.04 but there was some other error and i didn't wanted to spent more time on this.

• Will Urbanski
    Will Urbanski
    2010-07-15

Make sure you have the Image_Graph_element pear class installed. Since Image_Graph & Image_Graph_Element is still beta I believe, it may not resolve all the dependencies automatically when you do a pear install.

• Daniel Caleb
    Daniel Caleb
    2010-07-15

I couldn't find a separate pear class for Image_Graph_Element, I even tried searching pear.php.net for it as well. I found the docs that detail the class, but no installation candidate. Maybe it's available on a different channel? I didn't find anything though…

thanks for the help…

• Will Urbanski
    Will Urbanski
    2010-07-16

I was unable to find the URL online but you should be able to download it through the beta channel. In the future I may remove the PEAR Image_Graph functionality and rely instead on a javascript-based graphing library. Image_Graph is no longer being maintained so this seems like a good idea. If you are able to resolve this please update this ticket with some hints on how to fix this! Thanks

• Anonymous
    2011-01-04

Am using Fedora 14, Snort 2.9.0 and BASE 1.4.5. All the installations are checked thoroughly. There are problems in the graph displaying part.
    1) Traffic Profile by Protocol displays TCP and ICMP.
         UDP is (<1) and Portscan traffic is null(0%) is displayed.
    2)When Graph Alert Data is clicked (Chart type: Time vs No. of alerts, line etc are selected ) it either says "No data points to plot" or "Chart type"" is invalid"

• Anonymous
    2011-01-04

I am running SNORT 2.9 on a Fedora14 with SNORT_REPORT-1.3.1 and logging to MYSQL.  I am using the  MYSQL, APACHE and PHP. (php- mysql rpm is loaded)  Running Snort_Report I cannot see the pie graph. I don't see the NoData.png image too on the right. I have GD loaded as  RPM and phpinfo says support is present.  JPGRAPH is installed and configured but I do not see the graph. I have tried using BASE and ACID too. Graphs getting displayed is the major problem.  Where do I look for errors?

• Kevin Johnson
    Kevin Johnson
    2011-01-04

BASE does not use JPGraph.  Check your apache logs for the errors.