Base through reverse Proxy [Back]

BASE-user
EdD
2005-01-19
2013-06-03
  • EdD
    EdD
    2005-01-19

I have a small issue with BASE/ACID that the [Back] link is not working properly. I have an Apache working as SSL reverse proxy "in front" of the BASE server. Any hints why it won't work and/or how to remedy this.

Thx. and regards,
    Ed

• Kevin Johnson
      Kevin Johnson
      2005-01-20

Hi-

We have not tested BASE behind a reverse proxy, but I can't think of a reason it wouldn't.  We use the HTTP Session to build the visited pages list.  As long as session wasn't being lost for some reason it should work.

Could you please send us more information describing what happens when it doesn't work correctly?  You can send it to base@secureideas.net

Thanks
      Kevin
      Project Lead

• EdD
        EdD
        2005-01-20

Hi & thx. for a fast response!
        As I said it is a SSL capable reverse proxy in order to catch attacks after the encryption. The webserver where BASE is running is behind the proxy and is mapped in the webspace of the proxy. So if I want to go to the BASE webserver I go to https://machine1/machine2/BASE/base_main.php which will work fine. The next step is i.e. the last 15 unique alerts which will also work fine. If I then click the [Back] link, the URL is wrong and the proxy says "Not fonud" because the part "machine2" in the above URL is missing. That's it. Interesting is, that the link "Home" will always work, no matter where you are.

Regards,
        Ed

• Kevin Johnson
      Kevin Johnson
      2005-01-20

Does the reverse proxy strip the /machine2/ from the URL?

Kevin