Problem connecting to MyQL database

BASE-user
Greg
2009-12-23
2013-06-03
  • Greg
    Greg
    2009-12-23

I am trying to setup BASE for the first time and I ham having a problem getting it to connect to the database.   I have Snort running and I have created the MySQL database and created a user and password.  I have verifiied  MySQL is running by connecting to it from the command line. 

However when I am going through the configuration pages I just get a message saying it can not connect.   Below is the only message I find in the Apache error_log

PHP Warning:  mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /srv/www/adodb5/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 364, referer: http://localhost/base/setup/setup2.php?action=check

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Hello,

is this the correct path to the socket?

And if so, what does /var/log/mysqld.log say?

And is there anything helpful in the other logfiles that can be found in /var/lib/mysql/ ?

Maybe you must increase the logging in /etc/my.cnf
    to find out why the connect fails.

When you tried a mysql query at the command line: Did do this with the same credentials (user name, password) as BASE does?

Accessing the database as root is one thing, but accessing it as an ordinary user is another.

Bye, bye

Juergen