Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

applying patches

BASE-user
2010-07-16
2013-06-03
  • Mike Roberts
    Mike Roberts
    2010-07-17

Worked like a charm. 
    Thanks

• Mike Roberts
    Mike Roberts
    2010-07-17

I see another error now.  From looking at this thread : http://seclists.org/snort/2010/q2/847 I think I have to
    " change the following line in base_graph_display.php
    -- ./base_graph_display.php.orig 2010-03-05 16:06:17.000000000 +0100
    +++ ./base_graph_display.php 2010-04-11 23:52:13.000000000 +0200
    @@ -114,7 +114,7 @@
    else
    {
    // Create the graph area, legends on bottom - Alejandro
    - $Graph =& new Image_Graph(array('driver'=>'gd',
    + $Graph = new Image_Graph(array('driver'=>'gd',
    'width'=>$width,
    'height'=>$height));
    }

If graphs are not displayed properly (php5.3) you have to fix all the pear stuff
    (replace ereg_… with preg_…, replace '=& new' with '= new' …)  "  According to the author of the post.  I don't know however how to apply a diff, and where / which file is the "peer stuff" he mentions above.  Can you help please?  The previous error message was fixed by the patch, and I had to reinstall mysql.  I can see the first window of the gui.  But once I click on one of the links, I get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ProtocolFieldCriteria::ProtocolFieldCriteria() in /var/www/base/includes/base_state_citems.inc.php on line 1113

• Will Urbanski
    Will Urbanski
    2010-07-19

Let me make sure i'm following you correctly. You were able to install the patch and that fixed the regular expression issue, but you are NOT able to see graphs still? If you paste the diff code above into a text file you can patch it in like a normal .patch file.

• Mike Roberts
    Mike Roberts
    2010-07-20

Yes.  I see the first screen with the summary of various protocols and their related alerts.  Once I click on any of the links like the percentage of icmp alerts, I get the following error message: Fatal error: Call to undefined method ProtocolFieldCriteria::ProtocolFieldCriteria() in /var/www/base/includes/base_state_citems.inc.php  on line 1113
    Here is the url I am trying to go to:
    http://localhost/base/base_qry_main.php?new=1&layer4=ICMP&num_result_rows=-1&sort_order=time_d&submit=Query+DB
    I also tried what you suggested regarding adding the lines above to a file and using the patch command, I then restarted apache, but I see the same error:
    root@thunder:/var/www/base# patch -p0 < patch
    root@thunder:/var/www/base# /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
    * Restarting web server apache2                                                 … waiting                                                            
    root@thunder:/var/www/base#

• Hello Mike,

this should be fixed in the CVS version of BASE. Could you give it a try?

For CVS access: http://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=cvs&group_id=103348

The CVS version of BASE can be found under base-php4. Simply ignore that reference to version 4.

Bye, bye

Juergen