Preconfigured SEB for Mac

Help
2012-09-13
2013-06-12
  • Trace Faber
    Trace Faber
    2012-09-13

Hi again :)

I have a question regarding deploying Safe Exam Browser SEB 1.5.2 for Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7. Like the Windows version, can the Mac version be preconfigured prior to students downloading it? For example, I would like remote students to download/install SEB for Mac and have it open a specific URL (not the default URL). These are the steps I have taken so far:

1. Downloaded/installed Safe Exam Browser SEB 1.5.2 for Mac
    2. Changed the Start URL in Seb's built-in preferences window and clicked Write into App Bundle
    3. Uploaded the new App for remote students to download. Was not sure what to upload so uploaded the actual application. Need help with this one because I am not familiar with deploying an App bundle and I am missing something here.
    4. Downloaded the App as a student and tried to install or run. Nothing happened when clicking on the downloaded file. (Expected this because of my lack of knowledge with step 3 above.)

The students are not in a controlled environment like a school computer lab so computers themselves cannot be preconfigured.

Can the MAC version provide a preconfigured file for students to download?

Thanks!

Trace

• Trace Faber
    Trace Faber
    2012-09-14

Doh! Please ignore my previous post. Of course I should have uploaded the actual DMG file! Silly me.