Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

seb 1.8.2

Help
yolies
2012-03-07
2013-06-12
  • yolies
    yolies
    2012-03-07

We had seb 1.8 installed in a lab but we wanted to change it to 1.8.2 because of all the issues. we have to do it manually on the machines because reimaging is not an option. on some of the machines, it installed just fine. however, on some we are getting registry editing errors. we have gone through the registry cleaned it and tried to reinstall again but no luck. help?

oh we're using win 7 32bit

• yolies
    yolies
    2012-03-07

oh i forgot to say we are getting registry editing errors when opened by students, not by admins

• Dirk Bauer
    Dirk Bauer
    2012-03-08

When did you get "registry editing errors"? Did you manage to uninstall SEB 1.8 on those machines?
    Were there any files or directories left? Did you manage to install SEB 1.8.2 after that? Could you start Seb
    (SebStarter.exe) and then the Task Manager was not disabled, or when did you encounter "registry editing errors"?
    It is totally unclear what you mean. If you mean the registry errors were in the SebStarter.log file after starting SEB,
    then probably the SebWindowsService was not running who has the admin rights for changing registry settings,
    which the students do not have. Please first read the online documentation

http://www.safeexambrowser.org/windows/win_quickguide_en.html
    http://www.safeexambrowser.org/windows/win_usermanual_en.html

which might answer some of your questions and easen the comprehension of the problem.

• yolies
    yolies
    2012-03-09

I'm getting registry error when SEB opens up. It still open ups just fine, the errors are just kind of annoying. The task manager is disabled. I had trouble uninstalling 1.8. I kept getting error code 1001 i think. So then i went through the registry and deleted anything seb related. Then installed 1.8.2. I've gone through the registry a few times and re-install 1.8.2 but i'm still getting that message.

• Dirk Bauer
    Dirk Bauer
    2012-03-28

So again it is unclear to me what the state of your installation is. Could you install 1.8.2 or not?
    If you check your progams in the Control Panel, what SEB version is displayed as installed?