Are popup supported in Windows version?

Help
2012-08-25
2013-06-12
  • Trace Faber
    Trace Faber
    2012-08-25

Hi there,

Are popups supported in SEB windows version? Running SEB as a student, I am able to open a popup window but get an error with the title "" and the message "TypeError: windows.arguments is undefined". Also, there is no way to close the popup window unless the html within the popup contains a "close" link. Is there something I should be adding in the configuration?

I am using the javascipt "function openWindow(url,wide,high){etc…}" to open a popup. Should I be using different javascript to open a popup?

Thanks so much for any advise :)

• Trace Faber
    Trace Faber
    2012-08-26

Oops, forgot to mention that I am running Windows XP.

• Dirk Bauer
    Dirk Bauer
    2012-08-27

Hi,

which version of SEB do you use? Have you already tried the newest version SEB Windows 1.8.2 ?

• Trace Faber
    Trace Faber
    2012-08-27

Hi ,

Yes, I am running 1.8.2.

• Trace Faber
    Trace Faber
    2012-08-27

Hi again,

Just wanted to include what happens in sequence:

1. I run SEB as a student would and click on a link that should open a popup window
    2. I get an error with the title "" and the message "TypeError: windows.arguments is undefined"
    3. I close the error message
    4. The linked popup window does open
    5. I am done with the popup and cannot close it (unless there is a "Close" link included in the html itself)

The above happens to all links that open a popup or a new window. The links are to pages within the same domain. (Students need to refer to the popup window content to answer exam questions.) This is with SEB 1.8.2 on Windows XP and Windows 7 (haven't tested on Vista yet).

Thanks,

Trace

• Trace Faber
    Trace Faber
    2012-08-31

Hi there,

I am guessing that the SEB 1.8.2 Windows version does not support popup windows. Is there a chance a new version is coming out soon that does?

Thanks!

Trace

• Hi Trace

Actually this is an old limitation in SEB Windows. Since some subversions some popups are working now, but ofter there is this  error message (but the popup still opens). We are working on a brand new version of the browser engine, a new version of XULRunner (as used from current versions of Firefox) and a much enhanced and improved, refactored XUL-SEB browser. We just started to test the beta and hope to include it soon in a new SEB release. There all popups and also other kinds of additional browser windows will be working. We will keep you updated.