How to customize SEB

Anonymous
2011-10-14
2013-06-12

• Anonymous
    2011-10-14

I want a functionality like this,

When I start SEB, it should check the check sum of MsgHook.ini and SebStarter.ini files and map the check sum of these files at the server(LMS). If they do not match copy MsgHook.ini and SebStarter.ini files to server.

How is it possible?

• When I start SEB, it should check the check sum of MsgHook.ini and SebStarter.ini files and map the check sum of these files at the server(LMS). If they do not match copy MsgHook.ini and SebStarter.ini files to server.

Why should the .ini's be copied to the server if the checksum doesn't match? You want to prove someone tried cheating? ;-)

We are working this Q4 on "Securing the integrity of the SEB application and configuration: Signing the binary on operating system level and detecting manipulation. While starting up, SEB detects if its binary or configuration has been manipulated and refuses to run in that case. This increases security when using SEB in unmanaged environments further."
    (See roadmap at http://www.safeexambrowser.org/about_roadmap_en.html )

So if you can wait till end of the year, we should have a solution ready for this problem.

Greetings Daniel

• Unfortunately it will take at least till end of Q1 2012 for a solution of the configuration and binary integrity.