Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Seashore won't open

JDMP
2012-03-22
2013-06-05
  • JDMP
    JDMP
    2012-03-22

I've been using Seashore for a while and love it. Today it suddenly quit and wouldn't reopen. I deleted the application, restarted and downloaded Seashore again a number of times, but I always got a 'Seashore quit unexpectedly message.

I use MAC 10.7.3 on a MacBook Pro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a tight deadline to finish preparing a presentation.

• JDMP
    JDMP
    2012-03-22

Sorry, I seem to have solved the problem. I just needed to replace the preferences file. I should have realized that.

• Mary
    Mary
    2012-04-12

How did you replace preferences? I  have been using Seashore for a while and today it crashed and will not reopen, nor does a new download open…..so what do I do?

• JDMP
    JDMP
    2012-04-12

I don't remember exactly what I did. I think I went to 'Library' them 'Preferences' and removed 'net.sourceforge.seashore.plist' before reinstalling.

• Mary
    Mary
    2012-04-12

Yesterday as I was doing a project, more layers than before and Seashore quit. (crashed and will not reopen) I had this happen one time before, removed 'net.sourceforge.plist'  from preferences and all was fine again. But this time not so. I see this in the preferences ', 'net.sourceforge.seashore.LLSharedFileList.plist"  Should I delete that? Also, anyone know what the 'plist.lockfile' is? Should…..keep or delete?  And is it necessary to restart the computer after deleting the 'plist' in preferences? I already had tried deleting ' LLSharedFileList.plist' and still Seashore would not reopen. But don't think I did a restart of the computer……….What else do I do? I do like this simple program.

• Mary
    Mary
    2012-04-12

I found an answer to Seashore not opening after a crash. A-I deleted anything Seashore from the Library/preferences folder, sourceforge.seashore.plist and even the plist.lockfile .B- I deleted any downloaded Seashore applications as I found I had more than one that had somehow downloaded on the computer. I then restarted the computer(iMac) and  downloaded Seashore. I clicked on the new downloaded Seashore version  and it opened just fine. Problem solved!
      I hope this helps someone else. Also, It may be that if you are doing a more complex document and try  to add many, many layers it all may cause a crash. It is a good idea to also save your document soon after you begin it. Save, along the way. Less chance of losing everything you have done.

• Jacqueline C
    Jacqueline C
    2012-07-11

Hello everyone,
    I just downloaded Seashore for my Mac 10.5.8 - and it won't open.  I used it when I had a Mac Tiger (10.4.11) with no problem and was quite happy with it.  The new downloaded version don't open at all.  I read the various "fix" and also deleted 'net.sourceforge.plist'  but it still doesn't open…  any idea why?  Can someone help?

Thanks in advance
    JC

• chloe
    chloe
    2012-08-20

Hi there, I've been using Seashore for sometime and a little while ago it wouldn't load and kept on coming up with seashore quit unexpectedly and a long form. I saw on your website to delete net.sourceforge.seashore.plist and it worked for a couple of hours. Then my mac froze and I had to restart it and since then the same message keeps appearing on seashore and again it won't open. I've tried uninstalling and installing, restarting my computer, trying to delete anything I can with seashore (the only things on my computer this time were the application and the zip file and it still won't work). Do you have any suggestions?