Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

total beginner question - uploading photos?

Kate Fox
2011-01-14
2013-06-05
  • Kate Fox
    Kate Fox
    2011-01-14

This is terribly embarrassing, but I am an absolute beginner and do not even know how to upload a photo to Seashore in the first place…

Please could somebody take pity on me and tell me how to do this?

(I don't even know if 'upload' is the right term. But I'm sure you know what I mean - get a photo into the Seashore program so I can edit it. )

Sorry to be so dumb.

• Hugo Lopes
    Hugo Lopes
    2011-01-15

Well, first of all you should use the term open; upload is used when referring to the process of sending a file to an web site.

You have at least two options to opens a file in SeaShore; you can use the File menu on the top of the screen (the third one from the left) after starting SeaShore. Press File, then Open…, then you should navigate to where you have the file on the computer.

Other way is to simply drag and drop the image file from the Finder (the program with the blue happy face at the left of the Dock you use to see the files on you computer) into the SeaShore icon in the Dock. You can drag and drop images from other places too, like directly from a web site you have open on a web browser.

There are other ways, but I think these two are the simpler ones.

• Kate Fox
    Kate Fox
    2011-01-15

Thank you SO much - very kind of you to explain it all so clearly!

I had a feeling that 'upload' was the wrong term, but didn't know what the correct one was, so thank you for this as well.

I will no doubt be back with more stupid questions!