Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Garbled Text

Aich
2012-04-15
2013-06-05
  • Aich
    Aich
    2012-04-15

It's probably just a setting, but when I try to add text, I SOMETIMES get only garbled characters.  I'm using the latest version, and in gray scale mode.  Only using a single layer.  Suggestions?

• There isn't a setting for adding garbled characters ;)

What were you doing immediately before the garbled characters showed up? Did Seashore crash afterwards?

• drepetto
    drepetto
    2012-12-30

I can't get text to work at all! I have a feeling it might be a Retina Display problem, as I've had other apps (Like Amadeus Pro) that had drawing problems with the Retina. i'm on a MacBook Pro with Retina Display running the latest version of Seashore. Everything works except text. When I use the text tool I just get some garbled lines that seem to represent the top half of the text. If I made the font bigger the area of the garbled lines increases. So it's trying to render the text, it's just borking it. It kinda looks like it's trying to render the text with a texture. If I look at the "texture" menu on the text tool toolbar I see that all of the textures also look garbled. Hmmm. Any ideas?

• snuffleberries
    snuffleberries
    2012-12-31

I believe it is retina display, as it works fine on my mac mini, but fails on my retina mac book pro.

• drepetto
    drepetto
    2012-12-31

I've added a bug report: 3599042

• Anonymous
    2013-05-07

I am also having this problem. Adding text and it comes out garbled. In addition, the add text window is very translucent, its almost impossible to see.

Screenshots: