Current State of mcs51 Code Banking

Help
2013-03-22
2013-03-24
  • Hello all

Am I correct in thinking that mcs51 code banking is currently broken/incomplete? Extended linear address records never get generated (also in [#1986]).

I thought I'd have a stab at fixing this and I'm looking at SDCC sources (rev. #8459). Before I start messing with things currently beyond me, can I please clarify whether this is part of the transition to ASxxxx v5? In other words, is it meant to be working in the first place at this point in time?

Many thanks for your time

Related

Bugs: #1986

• Maarten Brock
    Maarten Brock
    2013-03-24

Hi George,

I must admit I haven't looked into it in a long time. I'm pretty sure it got broken by the transition work to v5. If you want to have a stab at it you are very welcome. Be sure to also get ASxxxx v5 as it probably still has some improvements that have not made it into SDAS yet, esp. in this regard. And if you run into questions feel free to contact us (me) on the developer list. I try to keep up with the forum but visit it less often than I read my email.

Maarten

• Maarten Brock
    Maarten Brock
    2013-03-24

It should probably start with modifying the .rel files to start with XH3 or XH4 and then find out why the generated extended records are wrong.