Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Warning 115 on using compiling PIC code

Help
2014-01-12
2014-01-12
  • Hi,
    I am using the sdcc 3.3.0 version.
    (SDCC :
    mcs51/gbz80/z80/z180/r2k/r3ka/ds390/pic16/pic14/TININative/ds400/hc08/s08 3.3.0 #8604 (May 11 2013) (Linux) )

I installed it using yum and used the inc2h.pl script to generate the
    header files.
    I read the sdcc manual and ran the test codes. they worked fine. so it
    is not the fault of the path definition for header files or anything i
    assume.

But on including the PIC header files, i get
    " warning 115: unknown or unsupported #pragma directive 'memmap
    PWM1CON_ADDR PWM1CON_ADDR SFR 0x000'"

and

" warning 182: absolute address for sfr 'TMR0' probably out of range."

how do i solve this?

• Raphael Neider
    Raphael Neider
    2014-01-12

Unless i am mistaken, SDCC 3.3 does no longer have inc2h.pl for PIC (neither the 14 bit not the 16 bit families). It should have cinc2h.pl instead. The memmap #pragma is also gone, no longer generated by the script, and no longer supported for either family. The bank mapping is now provided in the pic*devices.txt configuration file...
    If you want to create the header files yourself, please try again using the new script from 3.3.0. Make sure to check the usage instructions included in the script - they differ from the previous scripts and have slightly different requirements regarding files from gputils.

If you still run into problems (or simply to avoid creating your own headers), you can download the SDCC source tar-ball and take the headers included in it.

If that still falls for you, please indicate which device you are targeting and provide the command line (including the. -p and -m flags) used in your test.