Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

SDCC installation for GCC compiler

Help
Suganya
2005-09-12
2013-03-12
  • Suganya
    Suganya
    2005-09-12

I  have to install SDCC for MSC12xx Texas Insruments family IC's .
            I am following the steps which is given in "MSC12xx Programming with SDCC".As per the guide lines I have installed CYGWIN and now I could access the GCC compiler.Next step I have to visit the website "http://sdcc.sourceforge.net" and in that I don't know how to SDCC exe for my instalation.
    Can anyone give me an idea how to complete this?
    once this is done have to Build SDCC from source from GCC compiler.
    Thanks in Advance,
    S.Suganya.

• Maarten Brock
      Maarten Brock
      2005-09-12

No need to post twice, you can also add a comment to the first one.

Apparently TI is not yet aware of the SDCC setup.exe for windows (the app.note is from dec.2003). Forget about CYGWIN, GCC and compiling SDCC from source code. Simply download sdcc-2.5.0-setup.exe and run it. Also download the documentation and you'll be on your way in no time.

• Maarten Brock
      Maarten Brock
      2005-09-12

I just read the app.note a little better. It seems they did know about windows binaries but choose the other way anyhow. My recommendation to a newbie if you need some more gnu tools is to download unxutils from http://unxutils.sourceforge.net. This also contains make and doesn't need different line endings.

• Maarten Brock
      Maarten Brock
      2005-09-13

Suganya wrote:
      Message body follows:

Thank you for your reply!
      I have to clarify here that whether SDCC 2.5.0.-setup.exe will incorporate the TI group or not?
      If so I can directly download the set up and use
      otherwise I have to do the modifications in the source code and compile again the souce code.

• Maarten Brock
      Maarten Brock
      2005-09-13

What modifications did you have in mind? The only modification in the app.note is about recompiling the library source vprintf.c to enable float support in printf. With the current version of SDCC you would have to recompile printf_large.c instead. And that does not need GCC.

Furthermore you need a header file with sfr definitions for your particular TI mcu.