SDCC doesn't build anymore on Mandriva

Help
Thomas S
2010-10-10
2013-03-12
  • Thomas S
    Thomas S
    2010-10-10

SDCC hasn't been rebuilt since 2008. I currently doesn't rebuild. Since 2.8 is pretty old, I am trying 2.9 but get this erro:
    libcpp/macro.c: In function ‘create_iso_definition’:
    libcpp/macro.c:1660: error: format not a string literal and no format arguments
    libcpp/macro.c:1673: error: format not a string literal and no format arguments
    make: ***  Error 1

• Borut Ražem
    Borut Ražem
    2010-10-10

See http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Development/Packaging/Problems, chapter "format not a string literal and no format arguments".
    First solution would be to disable  "-Werror=format-security", which is probably  "-Wno-error=format-security", so you can try this:
    ./configure CFLAGS=-Wno-error=format-security

Second soluion is to change lines in macro.c:
    cpp_error (pfile, CPP_DL_ERROR, paste_op_error_msg);
    to
    cpp_error (pfile, CPP_DL_ERROR, "%s", paste_op_error_msg);

Borut

• Thomas S
    Thomas S
    2010-10-11

Thanks. I got that resolved by using a spec file and standard Mandriva macros. But I now get this error and I tried all kind of libraries to install, but I am missing the one:
    ndS.o /usr/lib/gcc/i586-manbo-linux-gnu/4.4.3/../../../crtn.o -Wl,-soname -Wl,libgromnithread.so.0 -o .libs/libgromnithread.so.0.0.0
    .libs/posix.o: In function `omni_thread::self()':
    /home/thomasspuhler/Hamradio/gnuradio/BUILD/gnuradio-3.1.1.1/omnithread/posix.cc:780: undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'
    .libs/posix.o: In function `omni_thread_wrapper':
    /home/thomasspuhler/Hamradio/gnuradio/BUILD/gnuradio-3.1.1.1/omnithread/posix.cc:430: undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'
    .libs/posix.o: In function `omni_thread::join(void**)':
    /home/thomasspuhler/Hamradio/gnuradio/BUILD/gnuradio-3.1.1.1/omnithread/posix.cc:643: undefined reference to `pthread_join'
    .libs/posix.o: In function `omni_thread::start()':
    /home/thomasspuhler/Hamradio/gnuradio/BUILD/gnuradio-3.1.1.1/omnithread/posix.cc:586: undefined reference to `pthread_create'
    /home/thomasspuhler/Hamradio/gnuradio/BUILD/gnuradio-3.1.1.1/omnithread/posix.cc:598: undefined reference to `pthread_detach'
    .libs/posix.o: In function `~init_t':
    /home/thomasspuhler/Hamradio/gnuradio/BUILD/gnuradio-3.1.1.1/omnithread/posix.cc:412: undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'
    /home/thomasspuhler/Hamradio/gnuradio/BUILD/gnuradio-3.1.1.1/omnithread/posix.cc:412: undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'
    .libs/posix.o: In function `omni_thread_dummy':
    /home/thomasspuhler/Hamradio/gnuradio/BUILD/gnuradio-3.1.1.1/omnithread/posix.cc:951: undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'
    .libs/posix.o: In function `init_t':
    /home/thomasspuhler/Hamradio/gnuradio/BUILD/gnuradio-3.1.1.1/omnithread/posix.cc:317: undefined reference to `pthread_key_create'
    /home/thomasspuhler/Hamradio/gnuradio/BUILD/gnuradio-3.1.1.1/omnithread/posix.cc:374: undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'
    /home/thomasspuhler/Hamradio/gnuradio/BUILD/gnuradio-3.1.1.1/omnithread/posix.cc:317: undefined reference to `pthread_key_create'
    /home/thomasspuhler/Hamradio/gnuradio/BUILD/gnuradio-3.1.1.1/omnithread/posix.cc:374: undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'
    .libs/posix.o: In function `~omni_thread_dummy':
    /home/thomasspuhler/Hamradio/gnuradio/BUILD/gnuradio-3.1.1.1/omnithread/posix.cc:955: undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'
    /home/thomasspuhler/Hamradio/gnuradio/BUILD/gnuradio-3.1.1.1/omnithread/posix.cc:955: undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: ***  Error 1

• Thomas S
    Thomas S
    2010-10-11

Forget it, I am going for 3.2.0. It did compile