target 89LPC932 from nxp

Help
Gerard Bos
2008-11-25
2013-03-12
  • Gerard Bos
    Gerard Bos
    2008-11-25

I'm working on a project that uses a 89LPC932 microprocessor from NXP. When I google to find compilers for this processor SDCC is one of the compilers that can build for this type of processor. But I can't find anywhere in the documentation that this processor is actually supported by SDCC.

Is there anyone who can help me out? And if so, which compiler flags should I use?

• If the processor is 8051 compatible, then it is supported by SDCC!  But... it may take a bit of work to compile if a special function register (SFR) include file is not yet available for a particular processor.  Fortunately in your case, there is an include file for the P89LPC932 in the SDCC package: "P89LPC932.h".  Here it is an small example to get you started:

#include <stdio.h>
      #include <serial_IO.h> // putchar() and getchar() are here...
      #include <P89LPC932.h>

#define XTAL 7373000L
      #define BAUD 115200L
      #define TIMER1_RELOAD_VALUE (256L-(XTAL)/(32L*BAUD))

void main (void)
      {
          P1M1=0;
          P1M2=0;
          inituart(TIMER1_RELOAD_VALUE);

printf("Hello world!\n");
      }

To compile just type:

sdcc test.c

If everything goes ok file 'test.ihx' is generated.  That is the Intel-hex file you flash into the microcontroller.  You can find more information in the SDCC manual.  Note: I tested the above code in a P89LPC925 microcontroller as I don't have a P89LPC932.

Jesus

• Gerard Bos
        Gerard Bos
        2008-11-25

Tnx! I'm going to try it asap!