interrupt service confusion

Todd Brown
  • Todd Brown
    Todd Brown

I'm new to both SDCC and embedded programming, and I'm having difficulty getting an ISR to work.  The processor I'm targeting is the Phillips/NXP P89V664, and it has an interrupt that occurs on a timer overflow.  In the processor datasheet, it lists the interrupts.  My question is this: it doesn't list an "interrupt number."  The information for the interrupt I'm interested in is:

Flag        Vector addr.      Int. enable       Int. pri       Svc. pri.
    TF0         000BH             ET0               PT0/H          3

(TF0, ET0, and PT0 are all SFRs.)

In SDCC, you specify an "interrupt number"  (void myInt() __interrupt 1, for example).  But I have no "interrupt number."  I've tried 0, 1, and 3, and it doesn't seem to work.

I've looked at the listing, and I can't quite figure out what's going on from that.  I have a (working) assembler program, and it just uses a .org to position the interrupt routine at 000BH.  I saw a thread on this forum where someone was asking how to arbitrarily position a function in memory, and I suppose I could use one of those suggestions, but it would be cleaner if I could use the ISR syntax that SDCC has.

Todd Brown

• Interrupts are tricky. I haven't used the NXP P89V664, but assuming it has a standard 8051 core then the SDCC syntax for the TF0 interrupt handler is:

void TF0_isr (void) __interrupt(1)

In general, the interrupt number can be calculated from the interrupt vector by subtracting 3 and dividing by 8.

Note that apart from the many ways of mis-configuring the hardware, SDCC also imposes the requirement that the source file containing main() must include a prototype of the ISR.

• Todd Brown
        Todd Brown

Hey, it works like a charm.  Thanks for the help.  I thought I had tried interrupt 1, but maybe I had something else incorrect.