CPU12 68HC12

2007-10-26
2013-03-12
  • James Shubin
    James Shubin
    2007-10-26

Hi, I'm particularly interested in finding a C compiler for the CPU12 68HC12 cpu by motorola. (sometimes seen as freescale) I was wondering if anyone knows if this compiler would work and if anyone has an experience. I would really appreciate a reply at: purpleidea@gmail.com, I'm looking for any information so that i can avoid writing oodles of code in ASM.
    thanks in advance!
    _J

• Maarten Brock
      Maarten Brock
      2007-10-26

The HC12 is not supported by SDCC. Maybe you can try the GCC version for HC11/HC12.

• James Shubin
      James Shubin
      2007-10-29

Many thanks to the few people that emailed me a reply! It was much appreciated and I feel i'm more on my way to making my chip work with GCC. I had no idea it was even supported by GCC. I received a few old M68HC12A4EVB kits that we're unloved and i figured it would be cool to learn some more about microcontrollers and doing some i/o for tinkering and whatnot. If anyone has any experience with this board, i'm always interested in replies! purpleidea@gmail.com
      I've been learning about this board, and if you have the same one and wanted to collaborate. let me know too.
      _J