Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

error: missing definition for symbol "_strcpy

orbital56
2008-02-23
2013-03-12
  • orbital56
    orbital56
    2008-02-23

Hi,

I'm currently snapshot sdcc-20080222-5037-setup.exe along with gputils under windows XP.  I have made a simple program which includes <string.h> and uses functions strcpy and memset.  When I try to compile using the following argument:
    >> sdcc -mpic14 -p16f73 main.c

I receive the following errors:

error: missing definition for symbol "_strcpy", required by "main.o"
    error: missing definition for symbol "_memset", required by "main.o"

Am I missing somthing?  I have tried to force the -I to point to the apropriate lib folder with no change in the errors.
    I could not find any examples of people compiling with sdcc and gputils using string functions so I figured I would ask here.

Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Matt

• orbital56
      orbital56
      2008-02-25

Here is the output when using the -V option

C:\Program Files\SDCC\bin>sdcc -mpic14 -p16f73  main.c -V
      + sdcpp.exe -nostdinc -Wall -std=c99 -obj-ext=.o -DSDCC_MODEL_SMALL -DSDCC=275 -
      DSDCC_pic14 -D__pic14 -DSDCC_PROCESSOR="16f73" -I"C:\Program Files\SDCC\bin\..\i
      nclude\pic14" -I"C:\Program Files\SDCC\bin\..\include" -I"C:\Program Files\SDCC\ bin\..\include\pic"  "main.c"
      + C:\PROGRA~1\gputils\bin\gpasm.exe -c "main.asm"
      + C:\PROGRA~1\gputils\bin\gplink.exe -I"C:\Program Files\SDCC\bin\..\lib"  -I"C:
      \Program Files\SDCC\bin\..\lib\pic"   -w -r -o main main.o   libsdcc.lib pic16f7
      3.lib
      message: using default linker script "C:\Program Files\gputils\lkr\16f73.lkr"
      error: missing definition for symbol "_strcpy", required by "main.o"
      error: missing definition for symbol "_memset", required by "main.o"