Scrollout F1 as Smarthost with SMTP authentication

Get Help
Anonymous
2013-07-16
2013-11-14

• Anonymous
    2013-07-16

I want to use Scollout as Smarhost for my Mail-Server. If I add the IP of my Mail-Server in “Trust networks” in the Web-Interface it works as expected. But my Mail-Server has no static IP or Subnet instead I get a new dynamic IP every day. So “Trust networks” seems not to be an option in this situation. Instead, there is a possibility to use SMTP authentication like SASL? Or is there even an easier solution?

Thanks

Urban

• Marius Gologan
    Marius Gologan
    2013-07-16

Hello Urban,

At this time is not possible. It will be implemented sometime in the future, but I can;t promise when.

Marius.

• Hadi M. Zeid
    Hadi M. Zeid
    2013-11-13

Hi Marius,
    is that implemented or not yet.
    if not is there a way to bypass this issue?

• Marius Gologan
    Marius Gologan
    2013-11-13

I worked on this issue, but needs to be improved. It doesn't work for domains having a long name. The user and password are generated automatically and provided per each domain in ROUTE > INBOUND.

• Hadi M. Zeid
    Hadi M. Zeid
    2013-11-14

is there any example how it works.
    also please what do you mean long name domains?

• Anonymous
    2013-11-14

For example, you have two companies as clients with two domains:
    Company A - domainA.com
    Company B - domainB.com

If they want to relay emails using your system, each one must set their email server to use Scrollout as smarthost with authentication.

Company A - relays to Scrollout with user domainAcom@domainA.com pass random-hash-key-A.
    Company B - relays to Scrollout with user domainBcom@domainA.com pass random-hash-key-B.

User name characters limit is 32. Will be change to virtual users in the future.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments