Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Problem compiling development version

Help
Stellaris
2006-03-24
2013-04-11
  • Stellaris
    Stellaris
    2006-03-24

Hi,

I'm trying to compile the current development version of Screem (excellent tool, thanks a ton for making it!), but I'm getting an error on "./configure" I don't know how to solve:

checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool

I apt-cache searched for a corresponding package, but couldn't find one.. Is there another Ubuntu user here who could help me out?

I'm not experienced with compiling stuff on linux, please help? Running Ubuntu Dapper Drake here.

• Stellaris
      Stellaris
      2006-03-24

I found the needed package, it's:

libxml-parser-perl

• michaelg
      michaelg
      2007-03-28

I got the same problem on OS X v10.3.9 w/ XCode v1.5 and gcc 3.3. Anyone have a suggested solution?

• michaelg
      michaelg
      2007-03-28

Search results didn't include the author's reply; I'll try to track down the file; any ideas where to find it and how to install it?

• michaelg
      michaelg
      2007-03-28

Found both libxml 1.8.17*14 and installed libxml 2.6.22-2, and got the same error. assuming that this is not the required file.

• David A Knight
      David A Knight
      2007-04-30

libxml-parser-perl probably