Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Resources sidebar not working correctly

Help
wolfy
2010-03-15
2013-04-11
  • wolfy
    wolfy
    2010-03-15

Nice editor.
    I ran into one issue though:
    The resource sidebar lists its entries (CSS 2.0, HTML 4.0, etc.) but those do not contain the (usually triangular) handles to open the associated tree and are not receptive to clicks.

This is on ubuntu-eee based on Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy).

• Jim Hayward
    Jim Hayward
    2010-03-16

What version are you using?

Please note, the Screem project has been inactive for about 4 years. Because of this a lot of the code is using outdated API's. I just recently started to try and port the old code to use more modern API's. Any of the old releases are pretty much very unstable and unusable. If you are not using it, please try the code in current CVS.

Some features have been disabled in CVS until stability can be improved.

• wolfy
    wolfy
    2010-03-16

version 0.16.1
    BTW, I couldn't close the "About" dialog, neither with the "Close"-button, nor with the window's close button ;o)

I was not aware the screem is not maintaned any more - I find it quite usable.
    In parallel I'm looking into bluefish, each has its pros and cons.

• Jim Hayward
    Jim Hayward
    2010-03-16

Current CVS is actually very usable. But it still needs a lot of work to bring the code up to date. I am actively working on Screem.

• wolfy
    wolfy
    2010-03-16

Thanx, I'll give the CVS-version a shot.
    Perhaps I get around to have a look at the code and see if I can help some :o)